Wednesday, December 23, 2009

BEER BREAD


http://www.flickr.com/photos/veganfeast/

This is the simplest bread recipe I know of and it is so good!  You will love the way your kitchen smells while this is baking.

3 cups self rising flour, sifted
1/3 cup sugar
1 can beer
2 tablespoons melted butter

Combine the flour and sugar and then add the beer.  Mix well, but don't over mix.  The batter will be lumpy. 
Pour into a greased 9x5 loaf pan and brush the top with melted butter.  Bake at 375 for 50-60 minutes.  Let me know if you try it.  

2 comments:

  1. my hubby wants to know when I am going to make this ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummmm! This sounds heavenly! I'll have to experiment and see if I can make it with 100% whole wheat flour by adding some salt & baking soda (wheat flour is not self rising). I'll let you know how it turns out.
    Thanks for the recipe, Selina!

    ReplyDelete