Saturday, December 5, 2009

HANDPRINTS ON CANVAS GIFT IDEA



Here is an easy gift idea for grandparents.  I bought a small canvas, 5x7, at the craft store and painted it off white.  I watered down some black paint slightly and then painted my kids hands and feet with a sponge brush and then helped them press in on the canvas.  I wrote the names and date with a black sharpie.  This looks great hanging next to black and white photos!    Be sure and paint the edges of the canvas and it will look great hanging with no frame.  This was so easy to do and total costs for two was less than $6.

Make an extra one for yourself!

3 comments:

  1. I love all of your "Pretty Purple Treasures." You have a great imagination and are ever so creative. Can't wait to see future posts. I made a sign for my friend for her birthday, which I thought she put outside, but it's on her mantle. It was my first attempt at cutting out a heart with a jigsaw and was successful. The sign read "I Love (2 stacked hearts) Rust."

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can see my signs at Hometalk under Judy S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I found you and I love your signs and projects! I am following you on Hometalk as Selina.

      Delete