Wednesday, December 9, 2009

QUOTES: Thoughtful, cheap gift ideas

Is there someone on your gift giving list that loves quotes?  Well do you really know anyone who doesn't like quotes?  There are so many things you can do with quotes to make them gift worthy.  Here are a few ideas to get your mind turning with more!

Quote Journal- Start with a nice blank journal and add some of your favorite quotes or quotes that relate to the person. Write something nice and thoughtful on the inside cover of the journal and give it as a gift.  The recipient has a special place to add their favorite quotes!

Quotes as Art- If you have neat handwriting just write out the quote on pretty paper and stick it in a frame.  If you don't have neat handwriting you can type it up and print it out and embellish scrapbook style, it will look great in a frame.  Take it one step farther and add a picture that goes with the quote.

Quotes in a Jar- Put lots of quotes on small pieces of paper and put them in a jar for a unique quote of the day gift.  Make it pretty if you'd like with pretty paper and a nice jar with a bow. If you need to fill some empty space in the jar add some paper shreds in a coordinating color.  I've seen gifts like this retail for over $25!

For more money you can personalize almost anything with a quote!

The internet is an almost endless source for quotes.  I like The Quote Garden among others.

Have fun and be creative with this one.  I would love to know if you give a quote gift this year and how it turned out!

2 comments:

  1. wonderful idea! me likey your new blog alot! ; )
    -Danica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay I inspired myself with this post!! I have a quote journal from a friend that I cherish but it is already full of quotes. I started a new one for myself and started one to give to my brother for Christmas!

    Selina

    ReplyDelete