Wednesday, January 6, 2010

CHEAP WALL ART


I needed some art for my long yellow wall in my kitchen area, everything I had seemed too small on the wall. I thought I'd make something instead.

I bought a good sized collage frame from Kirkland's and then shopped the craft store for pretty scrapbook paper to fill the photo openings.  It was quick and easy, picking out the paper was the most time consuming part of the process. I spent about $35 and was pleased with the results and I like that it can be changed in the future, because I am known to change my mind.  You'll be amazed at what you'll find in scrapbook paper, its worth a  trip to the craft store to check it out.  Sorry for all the glare in the photo, I'm not a professional.


Here are a few more ideas for wall art using scrapbook paper, its a cheap project! Scrapbook paper is .59- $2.00 a sheet.

The Queen of DIY has this project on her site using self stick foam core board and scrapbook paper.  Looks easy and I love the results.  Of course she has many other great projects on her site.

Scrapbooking.com has step by step instructions for the project below and others using Styrofoam and ribbon to cover the edges.



Michael's has this Contempory Wall Art  as one of their online project sheets using Styrofoam.  Complete step by step instructions are given, click on the link.


No comments:

Post a Comment