Monday, March 22, 2010

ALDI

I used to think shopping at Aldi was a well kept secret, but I do not think that anymore.  That store has been so busy lately!!!  In case you have not tried it and you you want to save money at the grocery store, please do.  I think you will be pleasantly surprised and  find huge savings even when compared to couponing and Wal-mart brand prices. 

Aldi carries mostly its own brand and there is only one of each type of product.  If you want sugar, there is the Aldi brand, no others.  I think this makes shopping there quick and easy and it is the one of the only stores I can go in without a list and come out with what I needed.  For my style of shopping I find the biggest savings on produce, snacks for the kids, and bread/bakery items.  I found big cheap pumpkins in the fall, great deals on watermelons in the summer, .99 bags of oranges not so long ago and so much more!!

When you go, take you own reusable shopping bags if you have them.  This is one way Aldi saves money, if you want their bags, you have to buy them.  Also have a quarter to "rent" the cart while you shop.  The carts are never left in the parking lot and the child straps seem to always work.  People will return the carts for a quarter!!  Also plan to pay with cash, debit card or, EBT only. Check out www.aldi.com for more information.

Their products carry a double guarantee so no harm in trying.  If you are already an Aldi shopper I would love for you to share your favorite items in the comments section    Thank you!!

1 comment:

  1. This week's Aldi ad has great produce specials on the first page.
    Russet Potatoes- $1.39 per 10 pound bag
    Garden Salad $.39 per bag
    Baby Carrots $.49 per package
    Strawberries $1.209 per pound
    Pineapples- $1.99 each

    ReplyDelete