Friday, November 11, 2011

Crockpot Cheese Tortellini



One of  my facebook friends, Jennifer, posted this recipe and declared it was a hit it with her family.  I jumped on it, added the ingredients to my grocery list and made it the next day.  I love it when good recipes come from friends.  Since then I have cooked many times and tweaked it a bit. So here you go, it is so easy with only 5 ingredients!

Crockpot Cheese Tortellini
1 box chicken broth
2 cans Italian diced tomatoes ( I have also regular diced tomatoes and added a teaspoon of Italian seasoning)
1 bag of fresh spinach (it will take up the whole crock pot but cook down)
1 lb. of Italian sausage  (I use less than a pound)
1 bag of frozen cheese tortellini (I have also used non frozen tortellini)



Put everything in the crockpot on low for 4-6 hours. I did 5 and it was good, you do not want your pasta to turn to mush so don't overcook.  Melt some shredded mozzarella on each serving and serve with a crusty baguette to sock up the juices, yum!

I think it would be easy to make this vegetarian, just use vegetable broth and don't add the sausage.  I also think you could make this on the stove top and it still be easy.  


This tastes great!  I've fed it to guests and they ask for the recipe, that is a good sign!  The kids eat it, one loves it, two would rather not- sometimes they don't have a choice.  Leftovers are good too! 

Enjoy!
Selina

No comments:

Post a Comment