Saturday, November 3, 2012

American Cut Out

When you look at this, you might think I printed an image, blew it up, traced it on plywood and then carefully cut this out with a jigsaw, right?  Wrong!  Scroll down to the before picture...


Mini spoon collectors might be hating me right now, but I'll take the "after" any day!  It just took some prying, sanding, hole filling, and an intentional bad paint job :)  I knew the instant I saw it in the thrift store how I wanted it to look and it worked!  
That is not always the case, lol!


I have a booth at an Antique and Gift store and I make lots of 
re-creations to sell there.  Sometimes I can't decide whether to sell or keep.  I plan to sell this, but if it doesn't move quick, I think I could find a home for it in the hallway upstairs!

Linking up to:
The Dedicated House


TDC Before and After

2 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful piece. I bet taking off the spoon holders was not an easy task. You can not even tell they were there. You did an amazing job. Isn't great when we find these great treasures to redesign?
    Happy Creating, Celestina Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is. I love the hunt!! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete