Friday, November 16, 2012

Cowboy Room Changes

I had a great start on my youngest son's cowboy room.  I had started a gallery wall and I knew it wasn't finished when I snapped pictures and showed you the room here.  I kept finding the neatest cowboy things while I was out junking and I had to let so many of them pass since this room was filling up.  

The gallery wall was finished by creating the big piece on top, finding some "vintage" horse plaques and rearranging everything else.  If you know me or have read much of  my blog, you may have picked up on the fact that I buy really cheap crap and redo it.  This whole room was dirt cheap to pull together!  Keep scrolling to see what those horses on top were in their before state.


Some things hanging here need some help staying level with all the activity of 3 boys running down the hall behind this wall, so that will happen soon.


And here are those little horses, they were $0.20 at my thrift store's half price day and I still don't know what they are, but they remind me of trophy of plaque parts.


I found this empty mirror frame for less than $1 and it was a bit wonky, but it didn't need to be sturdy because I was going to nail it to the wall.  The magic of spray paint transformed it all.  


The 3 distressed horse plaques on the wall started out like this below.  I sanded and glazed to change up the colors.  In the end I found 4 horse plaques similar to these at 2 different thrift stores on 2 different days and have never seen one before or after, strange but good.


I also changed up this mirror wall a bit.  


I saw this covered wagon wood piece and the wheels starting turning.  It was part of a bed and although he didn't need a bed I did ask the price and it was only $5 at the thrift store but the rest of the bed was a homemade mishap that I had no use for.  So I walked away, BUT kept thinking how I could make it work.  The next time I was in that store it was still there so I asked if I could just buy the foot board and they really didn't want to separate bed pieces.   I told them I only wanted the covered wagon part so I couldn't buy the whole bed.  My hubby would have died if I brought the whole bed home.  They got a drill and took it off (there was still an intact bed left) and sold it to me for $2!!!  Now I should add that I am a regular customer who donates LOTS of stuff, so they know me. I changed the wood tone and we hung it up. I love it!

Like I said, I didn't buy all the horse/cowboy things I saw and I am DONE!!!  Well, unless I meet another young cowboy or cowgirl who wants a cool room.  When my son was thrifting with me he pointed out every horse thing he saw and wanted it all.  He really wanted this framed carpet beauty, thank goodness I had finished the room and could say there is no room on your walls!

Thanks for reading!  
Selina

2 comments: