Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Metal and Barnwood- What is not to LOVE?

In addition to being a thrift store junkie, clearance sales have always called my name.  The copper metal strapping you see below was found at Home Depot in the plumbing section for a clearance price of $1.03 for a 10 foot roll.  I snagged up a few and had a few crafty ideas, but not this one.  Not until the next day and my brain was in one of those happy, crafty, ideas flowing like crazy moods.  I had the board, the hearts and the screws (reused) and used my hubby's tin snips to cut the copper straps.




The wire heart was a thrift store pickup for $0.10.  I bought it thinking I would take the lid off, spray paint and pop in a frame, that would have been cute too.


I bought the wooden hearts from a thrift store for about $0.25 thinking I would make those cute little ornaments with a map on a heart, yep that would have been cute too.   But I've had these for a long time and no ornaments have been made.



This stuff was very easy to cut with tin snips, my husband calls his tool aviation snips.


While I was at Home Depot the day after Halloween. I picked up 6 free pumpkins.  They were throwing them away! 
I love Home Depot even more now!

Selina

Linked up to:


Homespun Happenings

7 comments:

  1. Great use of the strapping tape. I have used the plain, but never seen the copper. I wondered if you treated or painted the board. Love the heart idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I found this board exactly as is under my house, I was excited! But I have aged newer wood before using the steel wool in vinegar method I saw on Pinterest and it worked great. You just have to be patient and let it soak.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! Wow, free pumpkins and it is not even Thanksgiving yet.Thank you so much for sharing this at Rustic Restorations Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Selina, I saw this awesome project over at Debbie's Pinterest party and just love it! Wanted to stop over, say hello, let you know that I'm pinning! Have a fabulous weekend! ~Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What you did with the metal strapping is very creative and crafty! It totally gave me an idea of what to do with the remaining straps used in mounting some signboards. I always thought this was just for heavy duty purpose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I love all the inspiration we can find online!

      Delete