Sunday, December 2, 2012

Christmas Vignette

I enjoyed turning my own thrift store finds into a Christmas vignette in my dining room this year.  This look is new to me this year.



I used our own Christmas tree clippings and epsom salt as my fake snow.  I love that the salt has weight to it and doesn't drift everywhere!  The only thing on this cabinet that is NOT thrifted is the cake stand.


I stuck some big pine cones on white candlesticks.  I was going to spray paint some when I walked in a thrift store and saw this set of three for $3.00 with a nice wide top, perfect for non candle displays.  And that long handled glass thingy is the thing dreams are made of!!  I could not believe my eyes when I saw it in a junk store, el cheapo.


I used tree clippings and real holly berries from my yard in this small jar.  I inverted a milk glass dish and used it as a pedestal.  



Up front is a very neat jar lid with no base, I bought it for $0.20 hoping it would fit a jar I had.  The other two are small glass bowls turned upside down.  Mini clouches?  Why not?





Under the glass I used 3 small glass star ornaments and real holly berries to lean them on in a bed of epsom salt.

Simple and cheap, I hope you can use some of these ideas in your own Holiday decorating.

Selina

I'm linking up to:
Coastal Charm nifty-thrifty-tuesday
Timewashed
Savvy southern style

Made In a Day Holiday Link Up
Southern Hospitality

13 comments:

  1. They are great ideas, love how you used the glass tops for mini cloches! Visiting from Coastal Charm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I'll have to check out your blog too!

      Delete
  2. Love the pinecones! You have made them into works of art!

    Found you through Coastal Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Vignette. Clicked your link at Coastal Charm's party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, there are so many great ideas to look through at that party!

      Delete
  4. You did a great job putting together such a nice and thrifty display. Like how you made your own mini cloches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank so much, now I am wondering what I will be under glass when Christmas is over...It will be fun to play with.

      Delete
  5. I love it! Very cute, and what great bargains, too! I just read your post on the board books for toddlers, and I have to thank you. . .needed ideas for my granddaughter for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I am a true bargain hunter so I try to make everything I do cheap! You can not go wrong with those books!!

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Нello theгe, Үou've done a fantastic job. I'll ceгtainly digg it anԁ perѕonallу suggeѕt tο my
    friends. I am sure they ωill be benеfіteԁ
    frοm this sіtе.

    my hοmeρаge: seo company lancaster pa

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey there аnd thank you foг уour information – I've certainly picked up something new from right here. I did however expertise some technical points using this website, since I experienced to reload the web site many times previous to I could get it to load correctly. I had been wondering if your web hosting is OK? Not that I'm complaining,
    but sloω loading instаnces tіmеs will vегy frequently affect уοuг placement in google and cаn damаge yоuг high quality score if
    ads and maгketing with Adwоrdѕ. Well Ӏ'm adding this RSS to my email and could look out for much more of your respective intriguing content. Make sure you update this again soon.

    Feel free to visit my website - Good Skin Exfoliator

    ReplyDelete