Saturday, January 19, 2013

I'm not sure why I bought it....

Have you ever bought a treasure to redo and then wondered what you were thinking?  Maybe I am the only one around who even even pick up this dirty little piece.  




I removed the very thin cork, the bald eagle at the top and the rope molding.  I painted it and found on a new much thicker piece of cork and then I searched for those little pieces of rope molding to put back.  I searched everywhere!!  And this is what I think happened to them.  During the early fall my 2 large dogs discovered how to lean on the sliding screen door to the sunroom and open it,  In they came and chewed up projects all around.  UGH!!  The sunroom is my work area and I learned to always close the sliding door not just the screen.  Well guess what?  They got in again!!!! I do not know how and ate more things including a few finished projects!  I REALLY didn't like my dogs that day.  There were little pieces of wood everywhere and I think this rope molding was among the chewed....

So this project sat around for far too long... 

Finally I decided it didn't need the trim.  I adhered the cork with spray adhesive and I added that little metal piece where the bald eagle had been.  


It turned out cute, but whew, I'm determined to start and finish projects quicker and the dogs have not been eating any more of my treasures!

No comments:

Post a Comment