Friday, March 22, 2013

Small Table with Oops Paint and Dark Wax

I picked up this little table at a thrift store, looking nothing like it does now.  You can see the before picture below.  I used a can of oops paint and mixed a small amount with Plaster or Paris to make my own chalk paint, EASY!  I then tried waxing a piece of furniture for the first time ever. I used a dark wax from Minwax and I loved the look when it settled into all the crevices.  I don't think waxing is easier than applying a coat of poly but it does give a different look and feels great!  I think I need more practice waxing!


  Here you can see how the dark wax settled nicely into some of the imperfections on the table.  I also lightly sanded the edges.


 I thinks its the prefect size for for a bedside table  
or it could fit anywhere!


Here is the "before" with the mismatched top.  It actually had a huge, heavy laminate counter top on it that made this little table entirely too ugly and top heavy.  So I replaced it with a board I already had from some old shelving.


Thanks for stopping by!

Linking up to:




No comments:

Post a Comment