Monday, March 4, 2013

Spring Mantle

Do you know what I love most about this mantle?  Everything was thrifted! My hobby of collecting is paying off!


The hydrangeas were picked from my yard in early fall when they were already this color.  I just put them in a small amount of water and they dried like this.  I tried that same technique with the blooms in full summer color, but they did not last.  These dried blooms have lasted for 6 months and still look very pretty with purple and greens.

 
A pretty platter and 2 blue/green mini pitchers on the left.  Those mini pitchers cold be the start of a new collection, uh-oh!


On the right side of the mantle is a little piece of tin art I made from  thrift store junk and a wooden planter I found already painted like that for 40 cents!  And a milk glass vase with a live plant.  The mirror was a $4 yard sale special, but it needed to be put back together a bit and I peeled off all the flaking veneer.   It was well worth it.

Thanks for stopping by.  I would love to have you as a follower.  Let me know you are following in the comments and I will follow you too!
Selina

Linking up to:
Visit thecsiproject.com

http://frenchcountrycottage.blogspot.com/2013/03/six-days-of-spring-party.html



Fox Hollow Cottage

5 comments:

  1. Love your mantel!!! So pretty! I love that platter and that is really creative to put it on the mantel. You should share this on my blog this week. The challenge this week is Spring mantels so you should come link up. The llnk up starts tonight and will go through Friday. Then, our guest judge will pick the winners. Come on over and have fun!
    www.thecsiproject.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I will do that! Thanks for the invite!

      Delete
  2. Your mantel looks great. I love using dried hydrangeas all year until the new ones begin to bloom.
    I'm a new follower, Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the blue/green mini pitchers and the little tin art! Thanks for stopping by my blog today! :)

    ReplyDelete