Friday, December 6, 2013

Deck the Halls 2013


Deck the Halls 2013


I took an 8 x 10 frame and wrapped some cedar branches around and secured it with florist wire, then I went back around the frame with baker's twine and hung my homemade Joy sign.  I'll do this again for sure!


I bought an artificial tree at the thrift store for $5.00 thinking I would make ornaments to sell in my booth, well that didn't happen so it ended up here in my bay window.  I had a cheap collection of small white pitchers, teacups etc and a few small picture frames.  If it wasn't white to start with, then I just spray painted it.  

I have 2 cute little baskets on there too. I just hung 
everything with twine.

 Here you can see one of the frames, I also added berries, poinsettias, and faux red fruit because it is what I had on mind.  



I love my mantle this year. Red, silver and rustic.  I had the old gate and collected my silvery finds and this is what I came up with.  So many thrift store treasures up there.  I placed a freezer basket full of evergreen and stars on the hearth.


 I love this cake stand I bought for just a few dollars at a thrift store recently.  I've not seen one like it.  I love this look, easy and cheap!

Here's the top of my piano and its very hard to photograph!


 I filled my lanterns with some vase filler and called it done!


I have this on my dining room table. I love my tree and deer and those white tipped pine cones are prefect!


 And last for today is my entry.  The big Santa is actually a tree topper/hugger but this year I put him in a red frame.  


I'll be back on another day soon with porch decor, the china cabinet decorated, and maybe the tree. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas season!

No comments:

Post a Comment