Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Winter Mantle

After doing a Fall mantle and a Christmas mantle, what I had to put back up there felt too summery so I came up with this for the next month or so.  Everything here came from nature or a yard sale/thrift store.  I found several different varieties of pine cones this year by asking my local facebook friends.  Free is always nice, right? 



Pine cones are perched on the trio of thrift store candle holders and those are paper stars ornaments that my husband's aunt made years ago.  I found these instructions for making similar stars- I don't think I'll be trying it :)


I hung some pine cones and magnolia pods from string.  I just taped the string on the back of the mirror frame with frog tape.


 I took two clear glass snowflake ornaments and attached them to a rustic block of wood with two small nails.  So easy!


I took the red berries out of the pine and LED set in the white pitcher and love that I can still have that pretty light up here past Christmas.

What did you go back to after you took down Christmas decorations? Something different or the tried and true you had before?

Linking up to:
Serenity Now
Coastal Charm
Knick of Time

No comments:

Post a Comment