Monday, January 20, 2014

Hall and Stair Makeover!

I added a mirror to the bottom of my stairs this weekend and I love it there.  It had previously been several places in the house and it is one of my treasured thrift store pieces.  So after adding the mirror, I thought I would share my stairs and hall which have come such a long way.  Everything about this house felt yellow, brown and dirty when we moved in, I desperately wanted the opposite of that. Wallpaper came down early on and the new floor was added this summer.  I'd like to think we lightened it up a bit!


This is what I see when I sit at the kitchen table, ahhh.  But to get to this.... but first here another look at that mirror. Can you see why I love it?


There was a door in this hallway when we moved it, I never understood it.  We removed it and took out the door frame and this  floor is what was left from fake river rock linoleum before the wood floors went in.

Below are the before pictures of the stair area,  you need to see this before I show you the after.

 
This is what we saw when we first looked at the house.

Here we were starting to remove wallpaper and yes the carpet was really that nasty.

I was thrilled to find wood under that carpet instead of particle board.  But to get those risers stainable, well it took a GOOD chuck of time. It was worth it.




One day soon my tiny little hope sign will not not be the only thing on that wall, I have a plan! The plan involves part of a screen door that came off the house my Daddy spent his younger years in.

Linking up :
Kammy's Korner
Costal Charm
Thrifty Decor Chick

2 comments:

  1. Love the stairs. I've been wanting to remove the carpet on our stairs forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck and thanks! It was a lot of work, but a really cheap project!

      Delete