Thursday, January 30, 2014

Rustic Valentine Mantle

This is my first ever Valentine mantle.  I am not a cutesy heart kind of person but hello-- rustic hearts I can do.  I made the scrap wood heart on the bottom left of the window and then this whole look came together because of that.  

 I love that 8 pane window!

 The top heart was gold, just a touch of white spray paint made me love it.

 I used a tip from Organized Clutter to get that top left heart looking like rustic wood instead of the country mauve motif it had going on.  
I reused the berries from my Christmas decor even those little lights that come with those.  However I was one battery short for the moment so no lighted branches yet.  I added lots of twigs from the yard in to fill it out.  That big silver vase is new, well new to me from the thrift store. I love it!

Do you do any Valentine decor?  I like to change things up as long as it doesn't cost me much and my decor never costs me much!

Linking up to:
The Cottage Market
Coastal Charm

4 comments:

  1. Hi Selina, I came over from Coastal Charm. The window is wonderful to display your hearts. My favorite is the scrap wood heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the Display! Thank you so much for sharing! hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Selina,
    Thanks for sharing your pretty mantel at my party this week. You will be featured at my party on Monday.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete