Sunday, February 2, 2014

Scrap Metal Hearts

I've been playing with some textured scrap metal from an unexpected source.  I love these "hinged" hearts and I no doubt got my inspiration from various pinterest images over the last few years.  


Two hooks for keys!


The metal I used came from cheap metal planter boxes like the one below!  This one has fake tulips wrongfully arranged in it.  Its pretty easy to cut with good tin snips and sands wonderfully.  I did not paint these, I just sanded paint off and I used a hammer to flatten out the design some.


So add that to your list of things to scour the thrift stores and yard sales for.

Happy Junking!
Selina

Linking up to:

9 comments:

  1. cool idea! I picked up (was given) a $20 piece of fake 18"x24" tin ceiling tile and have not a clue what to do with it. Except that it's in squares, this might work... If not, at least I'm getting some ideas! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great, I'd love to come across some bigger pieces, FREE! Have fun!

      Delete
  2. Oooh, great idea! I don't see too many boxes like that but then I haven't been looking for them either! :o)

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't see them a lot either but now I look at everything metal differently :) I know if it is embossed, it will look great sanded!

      Delete
  3. Love your scrap metal hearts. What a fabulous idea! I found you at Hometalk and started following your blog through Google Friend Connect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS: I'm curious about your name, Pretty Purple Treasures. Lovers of purple anything have to stick together! Lol!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the comment and the follow! I do love purple and my grandmother loved it so much! So who knows how I came up with this name, I wasn't trying to be a tongue twister. I don't have purple in my house and I don't wear a ton of it, but purple flowers are my weakness for sure!

      Delete
  4. I absolutely ADORE these hinged hearts!!! LOVE THEM! hugs...

    ReplyDelete